The Region 2 WORKFORCE Investment Board provides numerous services designed to assist businesses and individuals unlock their earnings potential. To learn more, click on any of the links at left.
A skilled WORKFORCE enabling our economy to expand and individuals to be self-sufficient.
The Region 2 WORKFORCE Investment Board will forecast, fulfill and monitor the education and skill needs of employers and individuals in order to meet the needs of both sets of customers.
- Reduce or eliminate the barriers to economic development and barriers that separate skilled and unskilled workers
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of customer links to resources
- Monitor and provide incentives to system participants to encourage continuous improvements and to meet / exceed state performance goals
- Coordinate and integrate training, education and economic development systems to meet community and employment needs
The Strategic Goal is:
- Raise the education and skill levels of all segments of the WORKFORCE by:
- Improving education system outcomes
- Increasing economic development / WORKFORCE development collaboration
- Reducing cultural barriers that impede labor force participation
- Creating career ladders for incumbent workers
The Strategic Plan outlines the short-term objectives for each of the bullet points in the Strategic Goal.
The South Western Virginia Region 2 WORKFORCE Investment Board (Region 2) has established its local area's vision, mission and goals in alignment with the vision, mission, and goals set by the State Plan.
To download the Region 2 Strategic Plan in .pdf format, please click on the link below.
To download the Region 2 Operational Plan in .pdf format, please click on the link below.
The Region 2 WORKFORCE Investment Board Staff is made up of experienced, talented and resourceful individuals that each cover various areas of focus for the WIB.
Any of these individuals can be reached at (304) 523-4800 or via fax at (304) 523-3739 or by using their respective email addresses.
Interim Executive Director
Claude "Jake" Hunt
Administrative Assistant / Performance Specialist
Accounts Payable Clerk
The Region 2 WORKFORCE Investment Board provides oversight for the WORK4WV Career Centers and Learning Centers advertising and marketing programs. The goal is provide the public with a consistent image that increases the recognition and usage of a universal WORKFORCE development system used by all one-stop partners throughout Region 2.